Q#1 – What is the cost of a consultation?

A consultation is a 30-minute meeting with an attorney. The cost for each session will depend on whether the meeting is in-person at our office or via Skype or the telephone. Our office charges $200 for an in-person First Time Consultation at our office.  Skype or
telephone consultations are $150.

Q#2 – What form of payment do you accept for a consultation?

We accept credit card payments. The consultation fee must be paid online before our office confirms your appointment. You may pay it under Consultation or click on the below link:


Q#3 – What is the best way of scheduling a consultation?

You have several options. You can call our office at 1-718-301-9732 or schedule it on our website under Consultations.

Q#4 – What should I bring with me to a consultation?

You should bring your identification card (e.g., driver’s license, passport, work authorization card, etc.) and all immigration papers concerning your case. If you want to petition for your spouse, your spouse should attend the consultation, too.

Q5# – Will I sign a Fee Agreement during the consultation?

If we agree to work together on your case, you will be asked to sign the Fee Agreement at the end of the consultation and pay the Initial Deposit.

Q#6 – What if I show up late to the consultation? Will I still be able to meet with the attorney?

It all depends on our schedule that day. If you show up for your appointment more than 15 minutes late, you will be charged an additional $50 for your consultation. You are encouraged to arrive a few minutes before your consultation time.

Q#7 – What if I miss my consultation?

You may always reschedule your consultation for another day.  However, you will be billed $100 for not appearing for a scheduled consultation, if you fail to give us 24 hours notice.

Q#8 – Is the Consultation Fee refundable?

No, the consultation fee is not refundable.

Q#9 – Is parking available at your office?

Yes, you may park on the street or at any of the nearby garages. However, street parking in downtown Brooklyn can be very difficult to find.


Q#1 – What is a Fee Agreement?

A Fee Agreement is a very important document. It tells you the scope of work that we will perform for you and the total legal fees that are required for the work. The agreement also tells you what your responsibilities are (e.g., truthfulness and giving us your documents). The agreement reminds you that we have a confidential attorney-client relationship that is protected under the law.

Q#2 – Do I have to sign a Fee Agreement?

Yes, we begin every attorney-client relationship with the Fee Agreement.

Q#3 – What if we decide to go in a different direction with the case? Will I have to sign a new Fee Agreement?

You will have to sign an Addendum to the original Fee Agreement.

Q#4 – What is the Initial Deposit?

The Initial Deposit is simply an amount that you must pay when you sign the Fee Agreement. This deposit is required before we begin working on your case. This payment will be shown on your first invoice, and it shall be deducted from the total legal fees under your Fee Agreement. For example, if you sign a Fee Agreement for $5,000 and paid an Initial Deposit of $2,500, you will only owe $2,500 in attorney fees.


Q#1 – Will you charge me a Flat Fee or Hourly Fee?

Generally, our office charges a Flat Fee for the legal services described in a Fee Agreement. However, in certain cases, we use an Hourly Fee to perform the legal work.

Q#2 – What is the best way of paying my legal bills?

You may pay your legal bill by credit card, cash or check. Checks are acceptable from clients who have a history of paying their bills on time.  To pay by credit card, click on the below payment link or the link on your Invoice. If your company is located outside of the U.S., you may pay your bill using ACH bank transfers.


Q#3 – When must my legal fees be paid?

All Attorney Fees (i.e., legal fees) must be paid in full before we submit your immigration papers to Immigration Services. Invoices shall be paid in full upon receipt, unless a Payment Plan is arranged by the Law Office.

Q#4 – How does the Payment Plan work?

Payment plans are granted to clients who have a history of making on-time payments, and they set up automatic credit card payments to our office.  A credit card number must also be on file with our office. Under certain circumstances, new clients may be given a Payment Plan.

Q#5 – I am in a hurry to process my immigration papers or I have a hearing date coming up soon. Can you make my case a top priority?

Yes, if our schedule will permit us to expedite your case.  However, you will pay a minimum $500 fee for expedited service (for cases that are not complex). In complex cases, the expedited service fee shall be determined during the consultation.


Q#1 – What is the difference between the Attorney Fees and Filing Fees?

The Attorney Fees are paid to the attorney for the legal service that she has provided to you. The filing fees are paid directly to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the cost of processing your immigration papers. The filing fees are set by the Government and can be viewed at

Q#2 – Can I pay the Filing Fees with cash or credit card?

No, the filing may only be paid with a check or money order. However, our office requires that these fees be paid by a money order only. Do not fill out the money order. You must fill it out in front of the attorney.  Money orders in the wrong amount shall be returned to the Client.

Q#3 – Are there any other fees that I must pay?

Yes, you must also pay Postage & Mailing costs. If you request Certified Mailing or expedited mailing services, you must pay the costs to mail your immigration papers using such services.


Q#1 – What is the best way for me to get updates about my case?

From time to time, you will receive a letter, email or phone call from us when we have news to share with you about your case.  However, you are encouraged to check the status of your case at any time at (if you have a pending immigration petition with USCIS).

Q#2 – What if I prefer to speak with you directly or visit your office to meet with you?

Clients are always welcomed to schedule a consultation to meet with us about their case. You will be charged $300/hour for a consultation. If you email, text or call us directly, the Legal Secretary will set up a consultation for us to speak.  Our schedule is very busy, however, we are always happy to speak with clients.

Q#3 – Are there other ways for me to stay on top of my case?

Yes. Every client has access to a secure, online Client Portal where they can read our confidential attorney-client privilege messages, documents and view a calendar showing upcoming consultations. The Client Portal is a great way for us to communicate and share documents.


Q#1 – I speak Spanish and prefer to communicate in Spanish. Is an interpreter available?

Yes, our office can provide an interpreter for Spanish speakers. You must pay the interpreter’s fee at the end of the consultation.

Q#2 – Can I bring my own interpreter to the consultation?



Q#1 – What are your office hours?

Our office is open Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. However, we accept evening appointments (after 6:00 p.m., but no later than 7:30 p.m.) for existing clients only. Saturday appointments are also available.

Q#2 – What is the best way to get to your office?

Our office is located at 81 Prospect Street Brooklyn, New York 11201 (near the Manhattan Bridge).  You should use Google Maps for driving directions to our office. We are conveniently reachable by all major transportation, including the subway and bus. We are closest to the York Street stop off the F train or High Street (Cadman Plaza West exit) off the A and C trains.


Q#1 – Do you accept clients who live or work outside of the U.S.?

Yes, we work with clients in different countries.

Q#2 – What is the best way for us to have our consultations since I live overseas?

We have several options for overseas consultations. We can use Skype, Google Hangouts, WeChat or WhatsUp. You may also call our office directly at 1-718-301-9732.

Q#3 – How should I send you my documents if I live overseas?

We can share documents easily by using my secure, online Client Portal. You may scan or upload your documents to the Client Portal, and we will receive them immediately. You may also email or fax your documents to us at 1-718-301-9732.

Schedule Consultation

You may call us at 1-718-301-9732 or click here to schedule a consultation.