Family Visas

There are many types of visas available to help families stay together while a loved one is staying in the U.S.  The Law Office of LaToya N. McBean helps foreign nationals who are seeking entry to the U.S. for work, academic study, business or to join a future or current spouse.

Nonimmigrant Visas

Students or Exchange Visitors

  • F-1 student in academic or language training program
  • J-1: student, trainee, intern, or summer work/travel program (exchange visitors)
  • M: vocational/nonacademic study

Portrait of smiling female student holding file in class

Fiance or Spouse Visas

  • K-1: foreign fiance
  • K-3: foreign spouse
  • V: temporary visa available to a spouse or minor child of a green card holder

Spouse & Children Visas

  • E-1:  spouse or children of E-1 treaty traders
  • E-2: spouse and children of E-2 treaty investors
  • F-2: spouse and children of F-1 visa holders
  • H-4: spouse and children of visa holders H-1B (alien in specialty occupation/profession), H-2A (agricultural worker performing agricultural services unavailable in the U.S.), H-2B (agricultural worker performing other services unavailable in the U.S.), and H-3 (trainee)

  • K-2: children under 21 whose parent holds a K-1 fiancé visa

  • K-4: children under 21 whose parent holds a K-3 visa (he/she is already married to U.S. Citizen)

  • L-2:  spouse and children of L-1 visa holder (intra-company transferee executive or manager)

  • M-2: the spouse or children of M-1 visa holder (student in vocational or other recognized non-academic)

  • O-3: the spouse or children of O-1 (aliens of extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business or athletics) or O-2 (accompanying alien) visa holders

  • R-2: spouse or child of an R-1 visa holder (alien in a religious occupation)

  • U: victims of certain crimes; visa holders may apply for derivative status for certain qualifying family members.

  • V:  the spouses and children of green card holders who have been waiting at least 3 years to immigrate permanently to the U.S. and whose I-130 petitions were filed on or before Dec. 21, 2000.

Consular Processing

Navigating the visa application process can be challenging for individuals living outside of the U.S.  Whether you are a student, worker or professional seeking to enter the U.S., the process can seem intimidating.  The Law Office of LaToya N. McBean works with foreign nationals to guide them through the visa process, prepare for their interview with the U.S. Consulate, and gather the required paperwork to complete their applications.

Immigrant Visa

Foreign nationals seeking permanent residency in the U.S. must apply for an immigrant visa.  If they are outside of the U.S., their petition will be processed at a U.S. Consulate (i.e., consular processing). To learn more about your eligibility for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status, click here.

Schedule Consultation

Call us at 1(718) 301-9732 or click here to schedule your consultation.