Permanent Residency

Becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident (or “green card” holder) is a dream that many people have for themselves and their families. There are important benefits to having a green card, including the right to live and work in the U.S. indefinitely, the right to sponsor other family members, the freedom to travel in and out of the U.S., and the right to apply for U.S. Citizenship.

However, the process to earn a green card can be challenging and complex. The Law Office of LaToya N. McBean can guide you through this process with confidence and address any roadblocks that you may face.


Our firm prepares residency petitions for individuals whose family members are already living in the U.S. or abroad.  Such petitioners are either U.S. Citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents.

Click here to watch more videos about Pathways to a Green Card 

Removal of Conditions

Many spouses who immigrate to the U.S. by marriage to a U.S. Citizen are given a two-year conditional residency status.  At the end of this two-year period, the couple must jointly petition to remove the condition and grant the immigrating spouse permanent residency. Residency will be terminated if no petition or waiver is filed.  The Law Office of LaToya N. McBean can help couples ensure that all steps are followed to complete the permanent residency process.

Adjustment of Status

Adjustment of Status is simply a one-step process for obtaining a Green Card without having to leave the U.S. to be interviewed at a U.S. Embassy and obtain your immigrant visa.  However, this process is not available to everyone.  Below are the eligibility requirements that you must meet in order to apply for this special pathway to a Green Card:

  1. Inspected and admitted or paroled
  2. Lawfully in the U.S. (unless you are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen)
  3. Visa is immediately available
  4. Apply for adjustment
  5. Admissible

Schedule Consultation

Call us at 1-718-301-9732 or fill out the below form to schedule your consultation.